Overview – Ketogenic Diet
The Ketogenic diet often referred to as Keto diet or low carb diet is a high fat, sufficient protein, and low carbohydrate diet which provides various health satisfaction. This kind of diet can help in losing weight and upgrade your health. In the field of medicine, it helps to fight against several diseases like diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease. Keto diet strengthens the body to burn fats as compared to carbohydrates. When you eat something which contains carbohydrates, then your body produces glucose and insulin.
Generally, the food contains carbohydrates which are converted into glucose which is then moved around the body and is especially important in fueling brain function. If the diet contains carbohydrates then liver converts fats into fatty acids and Ketone bodies. Ketogenic diet includes reduction of carbohydrates in the body and helps to maintain body metabolism. This process is called Ketosis. In this state, Ketones are produced in the body by the disintegration of fats in the liver. Through Keto diet, insulin level and blood sugar of patients are controlled.
Types of Ketogenic diet
The Ketogenic diet has various types which include,
- Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD): This type of diet involves low carbohydrates, balanced protein, and high fat. It consists of 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbohydrate.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD): This diet includes the period of carbohydrates such as in a week, 5 days of Ketogenic diet and 2 days of high carbohydrates.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet(TKD): This diet grant you to add carbohydrate to your routine. CKD and TKD are generally used by bodybuilders and athletes.
- High protein Ketogenic Diet: This diet includes more protein and is parallel to SKD. It consists of 60% fats, 35% protein and 5% carbohydrates.
Health advantages of Ketogenic Diet
Keto diet is firstly used for treating neurological diseases like epilepsy. But it also helps to protect the body from various diseases. Keto diet secure you from Heart Failure because the diet in it balanced the blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. It is also used for the treatment of cancer. The Keto diet decrease symptoms of Alzheimer disease and stops its progression. In epileptic children, Keto diet helps a lot to reduce the seizures. Keto diet also helps to improve brain injuries, acne, Polycystic ovary symptom, and Parkinson’s disease. A Ketogenic diet is a good source of energizing your body.
- Foods to eat
There is the list of the food which you should eat to maintain your health.
You should eat:
- Meat ( red meat, ham, chicken, turkey, and steak)
- Fatty fish (like salmon and tuna).
- Foods like butter, egg, cheese, healthy oils are also are very beneficial for health.
- The vegetables which contain low carbohydrates like tomato, onion, pepper etc. should eat.
- You can also add several herbs, salt, pepper and spices in your diet.
- Foods to refrain
There are also some foods you should avoid to maintain your body metabolism.
- Sugary foods like soda, fruit juice, cake, ice cream, candy etc. such kind of things must be avoided.
- The food which includes grain and starch (rice, pasta, cereal) should refrain.
- Likewise, beans, vegetables like potatoes, carrots, parsnips should avoid.
- The consumption of food which contains carbohydrates and sugar can throw you out of the Ketosis. That’s why you should not use these items.
- Ketogenic diet helps to lose weight
Keto diet helps to lose weight without estimating calories and following your food intake. It showed that Keto diet reduces weight 2.2 times more than that of the low-fat diet. People usually ketoproof coffee in the morning. A large number of people include MCT Oil in their diet. It causes to decrease fat and increase the rate of Ketone production. Ketogenic diet helps to reduce carb from the body in 15 gm per day.
The Ketogenic diet is the best way to maintain body and it reduces carb from the body. The main objective of the Rapid Tone is to maintain the body’s metabolism. It provides many benefits. It helps to lose weight, balance blood pressure and sugar level, etc. When you overload your body with fats and threw carbohydrates away then your body will start to burn ketones as the main source of energy. Hope to like this article, share it with your buddies.