Introduction To Potassium !
Potassium is the most vital mineral that is found in the human body. It is included in the most important seven macrominerals. These macrominerals are essential for the human body for good health and energy. A human body actually needs at least 100 milligrams of potassium daily to maintain the performance of the body. It is the vital material for life that has many functionalities such as it is necessary for heart, kidney and other organs to work perfectly.
Functions of Potassium
It has many functions and without these functions, a human body can’t work properly. These are listed below:
- Normal water balance
- Nerve impulses
- High blood pressure
- Muscle contraction
- Heart rhythm
Potassium isn’t delivered normally by the body, so it’s imperative to expend the correct equalization of potassium-rich sustenance and refreshments. Expanding too little potassium can prompt genuine well being results. Be that as it may, taking in an excess of can likewise cause transitory or long-term well being issues. Healthy kidneys keep up typical potassium levels in the body since they expel overabundance sums through urine.
Sources of Potassium
You can get potassium from foods include :
- Fruits such as pineapples, kiwi, oranges, apricots, and bananas.
- Vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and leafy greens.
- whole grains.
- beans and nuts.
- lean meats.
If you have the low level of potassium in your body, use these vegetables and fruits. Otherwise, consult to your doctor who will prescribe the mineral in the form of supplement. If you have a very low level of potassium, then you will have to need the Intravenous(IV) treatment.
Problems behind deficiency of Potassium
Different problems can occur due to the deficiency of potassium in your body. These are:
- kidney disease.
- overuse of diuretics.
- overabundance sweating, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- magnesium insufficiency.
- utilization of anti-toxins, for example, carbenicillin and penicillin.
A transitory insufficiency in potassium may not bring about any signs. For example, on the off chance that you sweat a considerable measure from a hard exercise, your potassium levels may standardize in the wake of eating a supper or drinking electrolytes before any harm is done. However, serious lacks can be proved dangerous to life. Indications of a potassium inadequacy include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Muscle spasms, weakness, or cramping
- Irregular heartbeat
- Constipation, nausea, or vomiting
Benefits of Potassium
Potassium is necessary for health benefits. Some other benefits are:
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular health – If your body has no sufficient potassium, it can cause high blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases. For maintaining low blood pressure, sodium should be maintained and for controlling the high blood pressure, potassium must be sufficient in the body.
- Bone and muscle maintenance
- Foods high in potassium
Why potassium deficiency is common in people?
Those who do not take healthy food, become the victim of potassium deficiency. And it causes serious issues such as the risk of high blood pressure, cancer, stroke, heart problem, and much more harmful diseases. The reason behind deficiency of potassium in most people because of:
- They use different medicines such as diuretics.
- Have physically demanding jobs.
- Competitors practicing in hot atmospheres and perspiring unreasonably
- Have wellbeing conditions that influence their stomach absorption, for example, Crohn’s disease.
- Have a dietary problem
- Misuse drugs and alcohol
How much potassium should you take?
Rapid Tone Institute of medicine and many laboratories has proved after a great experience that how much potassium, a human body, at least need for perfect body performance without using any potassium related supplement. A human body needs minimum 350 milligrams of potassium so that body can prevent your internal system and fight against many dangerous diseases. Hope to like this article and share it with your buddies.